Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Perks Of Being A College Student

College is nothing like the movies. It's  much more complex.  Sometimes the school work can be overwhelming, even if it's easy. There's also less breaks in college than high school, the longest break is the winter break which can last for a month, depending on the University. Then there are friends, I've came across many different types of friends, and I lost some along the way.  Each semester is new, nothing ever stays the same in college.


 One thing that I look forward to each semester is going to sporting events. I really enjoy the football games. The only flaw about the football games are fans leaving during half-time. I wish my school had more school sprite and support our school football team more. I also enjoy spending time with my friend, sometimes I spend so much time with them I have no time for myself.

College has become my second home, I've met people who remind me of my cousins back home. I've learn a few things about myself so far  in college. What I've  learn was to take baby steps before reaching  the big goals. I have had a few struggles, at first, I had no job, but thankfully I've gotten a job. I struggled with my English class last semester, but somehow I manage to pass it. It was all a learning process for me.  I've always been shy, but somehow I manage to push out of my shy zone, and mingle with new people.

I would say that one thing I discover about myself is that I'm a hard worker and willing to try my hardest to accomplish my goals. College really is what someone make it out to be. If you want to make the best out of it, be positive, never give up, and stay strong. Those three things can help someone get through there first year in college. Keep in mind to always smile and do not be afraid of meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment