Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Let It Snow!



Something amazing happen over the past week, it was something unbelievable. It snowed! I know some of you, who are used to seeing the dreaded snow, are rolling your eyes, but when you live in the South a snow day doesn't happen often. I was so filled with excitement seeing the snow fall from my window because I haven't seen snow since junior high school.


I've never been the type of person who liked snow, but after seeing it, I was like a little kid in the candy store. I wanted to take lots of picture, I wanted to have a snowball fight, and I wanted to stick my tongue out to grab a few snowflakes. Missing school for three days also made the snow days worthwhile as well.

I never expected it to snow, even when the weather forecaster said it would. It makes me wonder about all the other things I've never expected to happen to me. I never expected to be in college. I just wanted a high school diploma. I never expected to be blogging for almost three years now. I never expected to meet amazing people in college, I just thought I would only meet a few. I wonder what other things are left for me to see.

Maybe all it took was a few snowflakes to make me realize that life is filled with unexpected moments. I'm glad I do not expect somethings to happen because sometimes the best things come by surprise. It makes life a little more exciting.  Who knows what my next surprise in life will be, maybe getting a college diploma, or a car. Whatever the surprise will be, I'm sure I will be filled with happiness when it comes. 


 Quote Of The Week: 
"Act without expectation."
Lao Tzu

1 comment: