Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

I Can't Listen To Beyonce' Single Ladies

A couple months ago me and a friend were talking about random stuff. I can't remember the topic of discussion, but he said something that really struck a cord. He was talking about Beyonce' song "Single Ladies" and how it's not a anthem for single women. He said that Beyonce's was singing a song about being a single lady, but still had  Jay-Z to go home to.

 I pause at what he said, but when I really thought about it, it's true. Beyonce' dated Jay-Z since she was 19 years old, I'm sure they may have broken up a couple of times, but other than that she never was really single. I like Beyonce' music, and the "Single Ladies" song was great, but I wouldn't called it a single woman's anthem. Beyonce' is like the one friend who has a boyfriend, but still tries to give her single girlfriend advice about relationship. I don't know about the other single girls out there, but I sometimes can't take advice from girls who are happy in a relationship, especially if they never fully been single. 

Maybe one day I will be like Beyonce' and be "Crazy in Love,""Dangerously in Love," and "Drunk in Love," but as of now I can only imagine what's that's like. Despite the fact that my friend had to point out the obvious about Beyonce song, lets pretend that Beyonce was a single girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment